Monday 23 September 2013

My Experience at the OIAF! (Part 1)



I'm back readers! And yes, I have a suitcase full of photos and videos of my experience at the Ottawa International Animation Festival. OIAF for short. Let's start off the day before the festival ....


                                                                        me before the festival
                        Wednesday, September 18, 2013

In the morning the next day, I went to a TAC meeting (Television Animation Conference) called "Oh no! It's a Writing Invasion!" Go to this link to find out more about the meeting: https://www.animationfestival.ca/index.php?option=com_oiaf&task=showevent&i=1029#1029




                                                                Me at the TAC conference

                                                     

                                                   Me with a Mercury Film Works poster...
                                Thursday, September 19, 2013

Today, I took the day off from school! In the morning, I went to a kids meeting with  Ben Joseph. The program was called Animation Celebration! It was really fun!!!  I got so many good tips to write a fun script. Go to this link to find out more! https://www.animationfestival.ca/index.php?option=com_content&task=blogcategory&id=226&Itemid=939#Animation%20Celebration

                                                 Me getting an autograph from Ben Joseph!
(P.S: Did you know, Ben has written, many TV shows also known for How to Be Indie, Gravity Falls, Rolie Polie Olie, George Shrinks, Oh no! It's a Alien Invasion!, and much much more? Also he won an Emmy Award!)
                            These next photos shows Ben giving his presentation!


I always loved the last picture....
Oh, any who! After that, there was a little reception where you could learn about different types of animation and you were able play with them.

                                                      Me playing with a new stop motion app
After that, my mom and I went to Adam Elliot short films.(https://www.animationfestival.ca/index.php?option=com_oiaf&task=showevent&i=986#986)
We were a little bit late for it, but we saw one of his most famous short films called "Harvie Krumpet" which won a Oscar for the best animated short film. 

 After that, I went to short films meant for kids competition. It was really good! To find out more about the short films go to this link! https://www.animationfestival.ca/index.php?option=com_oiaf&task=showevent&i=979#979

In the night, I went to something really special... I went to Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2! Yes, I know. You are confused. You are thinking right now that Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2 is coming this Friday. Yes, you are right about that. But, Sony pictures animation decided to show the movie for fun in the festival! I'll write a review about it soon! If you want to know more about the movie go to these two links: https://www.animationfestival.ca/index.php?option=com_oiaf&task=showevent&i=990#990

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cloudy_with_a_Chance_of_Meatballs_2
Here's the trailer!


Well that's all for this post, viewers! See you in my next post! Keep in touch.....

No comments:

Post a Comment